Wide Format Calculator Help
Assumptions used in this calculator
The material leading margin and trailing margin on your printer is roughly 2 ft. Meaning that you lose roughly 1 ft on the front and 1ft on the back of each print job
What is usable width?
Usable width accounts for the the pinch rollers on your printer. If you have a 54" wide roll of material, usually 1" on each side is unprintable.
What is tile spacing?
Tile spacing is the space between each copy of the design when you are printing. We default this to .25" (1/4")
What print speed should I be using?
The print speed obviously varies depending on your machine. But here's a few common printers and their print speeds.
HP 360 Latex Printer
- 334 ft²/hr - Outdoor High Speed (4 pass)
- 248 ft²/hr - Outdoor Plus (6 pass)
- 183 ft²/hr - Indoor Quality (8 pass)
- 151 ft²/hr - Indoor High Quality (10 pass)
- 65 ft²/hr- Backlits, Textiles, and Canvas (16 pass)
- 54 ft²/hr - High Saturation Textiles (20 pass)
Can we use metric measurements?
Currently, this calculator does not support the metric system. But we might add that in the future.
Like this calculator?